Nextera Healthcare – Pueblo
Nextera Healthcare’s direct primary care membership for individuals, families and businesses provides a convenient, cost-effective solution for those looking to get more out of their primary care coverage.
Nextera Healthcare providers offer year-round, comprehensive adult and family primary care services, including but not limited to:
- Acute care and chronic disease management
- Allergy evaluation and management
- Mental health, including treatment for depression, anxiety and other mood disorders
- School, sports and workplace physicals
- Sleep hygiene assessments and support
- Stress management
- Treatment of sprains, lacerations and broken bones
- Weight management and health risk assessment
- Women’s health
- Well checks for infants and children
- Preventive health care
- Same-day appointments or next-day appointments based on medical need.
Please call 911 in the event of a medical emergency.
In addition to the services above, Nextera Healthcare membership offers patients:
- After-hours care for more urgent medical needs (non-life threatening emergencies)
- Remote or virtual access to physicians via email or phone if you are busy or traveling
- Deeply discounted imaging and laboratory services
* The list of medical services offered may be subject to change
John E. Thomas, MD
John E. Thomas, MD
I was born and raised in Denver, Colorado, and received a degree in Kinesiology at the University of Colorado at Boulder. My amazing wife and I moved to Milwaukee in 1997, where I completed my Doctor of Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) in 2002. I completed a Residency in Family Practice at the St. Michael Hospital in Milwaukee, WI (2002–2005). I was selected as Assistant Chief Resident and then Chief Resident for the program. I received honors and awards for teaching high school diversity programs, nursing, and nurse practitioner programs as well as assisting medical students through their training at MCW. I did this all while running an established primary care practice. I have two incredible boys and two dogs. I enjoy spending as much time as possible with my family. We enjoy being outdoors and staying active.
On Point Primary Care provides medical care for contracted employees and their families.
2037 Jerry Murphy Rd
Pueblo, CO 81001