Nextera Healthcare – Herndon #1
Nextera Healthcare’s direct primary care membership for individuals, families and businesses provides a convenient, cost-effective solution for those looking to get more out of their primary care coverage.
Nextera Healthcare providers offer year-round, comprehensive adult and family primary care services, including but not limited to:
- Acute care and chronic disease management
- Mental health, including treatment for depression, anxiety and other mood disorders
- School, sports and workplace physicals
- Sleep hygiene assessments and support
- Stress management
- Treatment of sprains, lacerations and broken bones
- Weight management and health risk assessment
- Women’s health
- Well checks for infants and children
- Preventive health care
- Same-day appointments or next-day appointments based on medical need.
Please call 911 in the event of a medical emergency.
In addition to the services above, Nextera Healthcare membership offers patients:
- After-hours care for more urgent medical needs (non-life threatening emergencies)
- Remote or virtual access to physicians via email or phone if you are busy or traveling
- Deeply discounted imaging and laboratory services
* The list of medical services offered may be subject to change
Matt Haden, MD
Alexandria, ArlingtonRead Bio
Matt Haden, MD
Matt Haden, MD, was born and raised in Nebraska. He completed his Bachelor of Science at Nebraska Wesleyan University. He then attended the University of Connecticut School of Medicine for a joint MD and Masters of Public Health program. Dr. Haden completed 18 months of residency training at Georgetown/Providence Hospital in Washington, DC before transferring to the Mayo Clinic Arizona, where he completed his specialty training in Family Medicine. He is board certified in Family Medicine and has worked for several years in urgent care and primary care.
While working as a doctor, he also went to business school and obtained his MBA to help in his entrepreneurial endeavors. He was the founder and CEO of MobileMDs, an on-demand service for doctor’s house calls serving the urgent care needs of travelers across the US. After several years of growing that business, he decided to return his focus to primary care and restoring the doctor-patient relationship through Direct Primary Care (DPC).
Dr. Haden has traveled extensively and even lived abroad for a time in Egypt and Costa Rica. Over the past 20+ years, he has enjoyed the opportunity to visit Rome, Casablanca, Malta, Gibraltar, Montreal, Ottawa, several parts of India, Nepal, Mexico, Trinidad, and the Dominican Republic. These experiences have helped him to better understand how one’s culture can influence health and treatment preferences of patients.
Dr. Haden enjoys working out, visiting family, drinking coffee, playing the drums, driving his electric car, and spending quality time with his wife and daughter. He was selected as a 2015-2016 Fellow of the Leonine Forum at the Catholic Information Center in Washington, DC and volunteers with the Order of Malta Federal Association Auxiliary.
Mathew Haden, MD, provides medical care for Maxar employees and their families.
4350 Fairfax Dr
Arlington, VA 22203
2325 Dulles Corner Boulevard
Herndon, VA 20171
2201 Mt Vernon Avenue
Alexandria, VA 22301
4001 Fair Ridge Drive
Fairfax, VA 22033