Nextera Healthcare – Monument
Nextera Healthcare’s direct primary care membership for individuals, families and businesses provides a convenient, cost-effective solution for those looking to get more out of their primary care coverage.
Nextera Healthcare providers offer year-round, comprehensive adult and family primary care services, including but not limited to:
- Acute care and chronic disease management
- Allergy evaluation and management
- Mental health, including treatment for depression, anxiety and other mood disorders
- School, sports and workplace physicals
- Sleep hygiene assessments and support
- Stress management
- Treatment of sprains, lacerations and broken bones
- Weight management and health risk assessment
- Women’s health
- Well checks for infants and children
- Preventive health care
- Same-day appointments or next-day appointments based on medical need.
Please call 911 in the event of a medical emergency.
In addition to the services above, Nextera Healthcare membership offers patients:
- After-hours care for more urgent medical needs (non-life threatening emergencies)
- Remote or virtual access to physicians via email or phone if you are busy or traveling
- Deeply discounted imaging and laboratory services
* The list of medical services offered may be subject to change
Jamie Glover, MD
Jamie Glover, MD
I am a family physician, wife, mom and veteran. I have been practicing medicine since 1999 when I received my M.D. in Bethesda, Maryland. I enjoy the full spectrum of family medicine to include care for younger and older adults, teens, children and infants. I enjoy women’s and men’s health, office gynecology, acute care, office procedures from stitches to joint injections, sports medicine and behavioral health. I have special interests and experience in adolescent medicine, contraceptive procedures (to include IUDs and implants), and HIV medicine.
I served as a physician in the United States Air Force for nine years until 2008, practicing outpatient, hospital, obstetric, emergency and deployed medicine during that time. I was also on the teaching faculty at Eglin AFB Family Medicine Residency. After separating from the Air Force, I continued practicing medicine in varied settings as I followed my husband from state to state until his own retirement from the Air Force in 2015.
Besides being the founder & solo-physician at Glover Family Medicine and a medical director with VeraCare Hospice, I am also currently appointed as an assistant clinical professor for the University of Colorado School of Medicine. I hope to grow my practice to the point where I can have a medical student or resident rotate with me. I would like to help them gain an appreciation for the beautiful specialty of family medicine (and maybe even recruit them into the specialty). I want to introduce students and residents to primary care as it was meant to be... relationship-based, not production-based. I hope to show them that there are alternatives to "assembly-line medicine".
From my work in all of these settings, I have gained insight into many of the issues surrounding access to affordable primary care in our nation. I have lived and practiced in the Monument/Colorado Springs area since 2012 and we have chosen to settle here near our alma mater, the US Air Force Academy. I am ready to have my own clinic that cultivates a sense of community and where my patients have time to personally connect with me. My husband and I have two children in D38. Our family enjoys supporting Air Force Academy athletics and living the mountain lifestyle.